An afternoon in a Hungarian shipyard

Discussion in 'Boatbuilding' started by kamutikk, Jan 23, 2009.

1. kamutikk

kamutikk New Member

A friend of mine invited me to take photos in "an unusual location", as he said. Later on I found myself in one the most impressive shipyard that I have ever seen in the area: Mr. György Juhász, second generation boat builder and owner of the Foarboc shipyard showed me around, while telling me stories on the wonderful wooden dragons to be repaired. He is a devoted boat builder, as well as a sailor of course, sailing every summer in the Lake Balaton, in Hungary. I asked him about his passion, the history of his shipyard, the challenges of the life of a Hungarian boat builder... But instead of talking, I let you discover his world: www.foarboc.hu

2. rasorinc

rasorinc Senior Member

the link will not open

3. Guest62110524

Guest62110524 Previous Member

can open, but not find link in Eng, sorry cant sprecken de Hungarian:( on danube? where? can you give lat long please

4. daiquiri

daiquiri Engineering and Design

In the lower left angle there are 2 grey buttons, one reads "HUN", the other "ENG" ;)

5. apex1

apex1 Guest

A boatyard............ nice old boats............
    and then............?

6. daiquiri

daiquiri Engineering and Design

...hungarian salami, gulash maybe? Oh, and hungarian girls are very beautiful too! :!:

I think that should be enough to make your day. :D

7. Guest62110524

just to north of Budapest not right on the river, does the man speak English?
    daiquiri, It girls play eye games:)) as I remember from my younger days, very unique, does not happen anywhere else in world

8. Manie B

Manie B Senior Member

the webpage doesnt load

once again we sit with a web designer that should be jailed and permanently removed from society

please advise the owner to get another web designer

9. rasorinc

rasorinc Senior Member

I could not load it either

10. Guest62110524

it loads but quite nutty site, so busy with flashing this that, would,nt bother, its a pity that some web designers try do all this, and it just turns folks away, very beautiful part of world there on the river

11. plebusmaximus

plebusmaximus Junior Member

www.foarboc.hu

The downfall of heavy flash based websites is that us poor petrol sniffing bandwidthers wont wait till it loads.

You have 15-20 seconds before you rapidly start losing visitors. A developer should know better. :)

Your not downloading something evil onto my computer are you? It seems to be taking an awful long time.

12. kamutikk

kamutikk New Member

Dear All, yes you need some patience to open the link, sorry for that. But I'm sure Mr. Juhász would answer your questions by mail, if you have any: info@foarboc.hu. Have a nice day.

13. apex1

apex1 Guest

Thats the point............ we do´nt have the patience ........nor the time.
    We have to get our boats hammered together.:D

Regards
    Richard

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.