What have you done this weekend...?

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by Wynand N, Jul 6, 2008.

1. masalai

masalai masalai

Manie, Thanks very much, Stunningly beautiful...

2. Wynand N

Wynand N Retired Steelboatbuilder

and only about an hour and half from me. Had some really nice reds is the cabinet and nobody to share with....:(

Enjoy your sailing next week:cool:

3. masalai

masalai masalai

Go sailing Wynand, and if I meet you somewhere around Coral Sea & N Australian waters, I will happily drink some of your reds:D:D:D... Lovely Lady likes the sweet "Brown Bros" whites, just one good glass in 3 days:eek:... so she is often my "designated driver":D... My budget ensures my choice is usually limited to "Chateau Cardboard" (cheap & cheerful)...

4. Boston

Boston Previous Member

my gods man you live in paradise
    best of luck sailing
    and a great new year
    B

5. Manie B

Manie B Senior Member

Boston thanks

but i live FAR AWAY from those beautifull places = 9 to 10 hours by car

i live in the beeeeeg stinking dirty metropolis of Johannesburg = crime capital of the world
    now you can understand why i can sit and cry when i see open nature and why i am perfectly happy in the wide open ocean totally alone :D

Wynand i would have loved to, but the deal was 25th anniversary = no boats for the two weeks and then i can go sailing afterwards :D

btw i had to sneek of into the woods to access the internet on my phone to read DB.net and Duckworks :p this was while she was doing the rabbit food thing:p **** if she finds this out i will be in beeeeg trouble
    Wynand you should get your "cabin cruiser" to the Vaaldam end January for the around the Island race - then we can "klap" those reds :idea:

6. Fanie

Fanie Fanie

Talking about 'Reds'... Wynand when are we going to klap those Bloemhof babers for a change ?
    There is a certain time of the year when the 25kg+ ones are active...
    I only once before succeeded into hooking into one of those but got klapped :D

Now I know you pap swaaiers have no clue how to catch those jobbies there, and that's where I come in.
    I practically grew up on catching those babers there, no bragging.

Pics -
    Philip wrestling with one
    Warden holding one up
    Pieter with one
    And your's truely
    Looks familliar ? Missing the waves ? :D

Hello Manie,
    For a neighbour you are awefully scarce off late.
    Going sailing without me *snifff*...*sniff*... some kind of 'friend' you are eh.

Now since Wynand AND Manie is pulling this close friendship stunt on me, I'm off to play with one of my friends 12m cats :D
    I made a couple of anchors for his boats and now they have to be tested :D Well it got the wife to ok me going... :rolleyes:

See you all in a couple of days :cool:

Attached Files:

• BH1.jpg
      BH1.jpg
      File size:
      176.2 KB
      Views:
    • BH2.jpg
      BH2.jpg
      File size:
      171.7 KB
      Views:
    • BH3.jpg
      BH3.jpg
      File size:
      102.9 KB
      Views:
    • BH4.jpg
      BH4.jpg
      File size:
      154.2 KB
      Views:
    • BH5.jpg
      BH5.jpg
      File size:
      200.5 KB
      Views:
  7. Fanie

Fanie Fanie

Just have to add this -

While we were out fishing, there was a little storm going.
    The first pic is the 'BEFORE', the others are the after... :D

That's Philip's sleeping bag, it got washed out of his tent.
    His towel also ended up in the mud, turned into a pink one.
    Back home his wife said 'Lovie, that's not our towl' and we went 'Oh yes it is...'

So Wynand, when do we go :D

Attached Files:

• BH8.jpg
      BH8.jpg
      File size:
      214.8 KB
      Views:
    • BH7.jpg
      BH7.jpg
      File size:
      168.8 KB
      Views:
    • BH6.jpg
      BH6.jpg
      File size:
      341 KB
      Views:
  8. Landlubber

Landlubber Senior Member

hey Frosty, 1800cc's.......emmmm me thinks that sounds Tourqueeeeeee

9. Landlubber

Landlubber Senior Member

...I don't care wot anyone says, you can't beat CUBES.

10. Fanie

Fanie Fanie

I hear those bikes are so big if you cannot split you have to ride them side saddle. Is that called straddle ?

You mean INCHES. A more universal term suitable for engine sizes, speaker sizes, as well as pe... you know what I mean, anywhere where it counts ;)

11. Wynand N

You are quite right Fanie; Inches are used as a measurement unit for manhood matters and CC's the volume that it produces.:confused:
    The band 10CC comes to mind...;)

12. Wynand N

Fanie, a friend of mine- a farmer living just outside Bultfontein down the road is a keen barber fisherman and he specialize in catching the big ones. A far cry from his massive Koi fish farming he runs with other farm stuff.

His name is "Zakkie Barber" and I have two photos of the following fish on my cell phone - will an MMS to my son and see if I can get it down loaded on the computer from his phone and I will post them since my mobile still fires up with paraffin.

Nevertheless, he had caught two big ones the last few months; a 34kg and the bait was a whole full grown chicken sans the head and feet. This fish was caught at Boesmanspruit sloep on Bloemhof.
    The second was a monster of 53kg (weighted at the SAPS) and bait was forward half of a 5kg carp. This was caught under the bridge at Zandvelt side (3rd pillar) at Bloemmies.

About a month ago he stopped at my shop and complained about a barber that got away and straightened his monster hook. Apparently the barber pulled the big cabin cruiser (2 x 85hp outboard jobby) for about 150 meters with his barber sized anchor still out....:eek: :eek: He believes that big barber is territorial and he has a date with that bugger for the coming bonanza in May..
    BTW, his rod is a marlin stick, 90lb leader line and his clutches get pre set at the farm with a 5lt oil can filled with water hanging from the tip and the clutch just just slipping.

Fanie, just speak the word, tomorrow if you like - I have just the boat fully equipped with even a two plate gas stove on it. But, "Fish Tales" is equipped purely as a two man boat, period, and we can sleep over on her if you like (or not chicken) on Bloemhof. Done so many times myself - even through storms.

13. Boston

Boston Previous Member

you all ( said with a southern twang ) have not lived
    until you uns been a noodling :p

and these here fellers, well they are not just out there getting cozy

some people need a boat
    pfffft
    real men
    noodle

14. masalai

masalai masalai

Now all you gotta do is wrastle an Australian saltwater crocodile, just a little 3 footer will test you, and do not let him open his mouth keep your hand holding it shut and do not let go... 4 hours later he may tire or will you die?

15. Boston

Boston Previous Member

what you need is a nice peaceful mud hole and a few pretty girls

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.