What have i bought

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by maxmini, Aug 2, 2017.

1. maxmini

maxmini Junior Member

Good info thanks . Our plan is in keeping with yours .We are going to do our best to get as much as we can out of it with simple trim and no add ons . Then we plan on going with the trim tabs and experimenting with those. There are several adjustments that can be made . If we get what we want we wil lstop there but if not then we will give the anti ventalization ( thank you for giving me the proper term I knew I didn't have it correct ) plate a try. Thats also a easy install requiring only 4 holes drilled thru the engine plate.
    As you mention we will do one thing at a time. I purchased a new Tachometer , GPS controlled speedometer, and as a back up a GPS program on my Iphone to record results. As I plan on going to a number of locations where I am not familiar with the water I am willing to sacrifice a few MPH at the top end for an ability to plane at the lowest speed possible so as to not go rushing headlong into a problem . I'll be in the water about two weeks from now for the first time but have two months of vacation to figure it all out :)

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.