Question about Gallery Posting

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by SEANT, Apr 16, 2004.

1. SEANT

SEANT Junior Member

Hello everyone,

I'm new to this forum and am curious about the procedures for posting to the gallery. The Boat Design Gallery site does not make it imediately obvious how to accomplish this, though, it is possible I'm a bit obtuse in this matter.

Are the images hosted by the gallery, or do they require an outside link?

Any responce to this inquiry wil be greatly appreciated.

Sean

2. Jeff

Jeff Moderator

Hi Sean,

The images are hosted by the gallery.

The login username and password are the same as your forum username/password (you may need to login again when you first visit the gallery but it should remember your login after that.) Once you are logged in, you'll see links in the upper gray bar:

My Gallery | My Favorites . . . Home | Search | Profile | Upload Photos | Logout
    Welcome, Sean!

1.) Click "Upload Photos"

2.) You will be taken to a screen where you can "Browse" and select a jpg or gif or png file from your local hard drive. Once you've selected one or more file(s) click "Upload/Submit"

3.) The final screen then lets you enter a title / description for each photo with the thumbnail next to it.

Currently all photos require moderator approval before they go live to prevent abuse (e.g. someone signing up and posting adult images to use the gallery for storage, or that kind of thing.) You'll get an email as soon as the image is approved and live. Very soon though approval will only be required for those with fewer than 100 posts or photos, and those with more will have their images appear instantly.

Let me know if you have any problems and I'll do my best to help.

3. SEANT

SEANT Junior Member

Jeff,

Thanks for your quick responce.

After further investigation, I found an issue with IE security settings. I could successfully log onto the forum, but the absence of some appropriate cookie only granted guest access to the gallery. A change of the settings produced full member privilege and the appearence of the gray bar as you described.

Thanks again, Sean