Temporary Workshop

Discussion in 'Boatbuilding' started by Brasstom, May 4, 2006.

1. Brasstom

Brasstom Dedicated Boat Dreamer

Hello all!

I'm moving into a house in a month after about 6 months of Apartment living (which, by the way, is HELL for a boat-builder!) and I need help! First and foremost on my wish-list is to start working on a new boat (nothing too extreme, a 16 foot canoe I'm going to take down the rapids of the James) but I have no garage. I have a large backyard and plenty of space and I want to build a temporary structure for my workshop.

The requirements are cheap, quick, easy, and leaving no permanent damage to the yard. I remember seeing a website a year or two ago about a shelter made from PVC piping and tarps... I wish I could remember where it was!

Regardless, I need it to be tall, wide, and long enough to work in comfortably with my tools. Help!

Thanks, everyone!

2. SheetWise

SheetWise All Beach -- No Water.

Here's a link to some specialty PVC fittings -- Link. They are strong -- and very cheap.

3. yokebutt

yokebutt Boatbuilder

Brasser,

Just get a cheapo 10 by 20 foot white tent at costco, they're less than a hundred bucks.

Yoke.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.