What Do We Think About Climate Change

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by Pericles, Feb 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mark775

mark775 Guest

Yeah, it was Pickens. Senile, as well. I don't pay any more attention to these anomalies than I do Hollywood.
    Net financial drains. You knew of what I was talking.

2. mark775

mark775 Guest

I noticed that this is all taking place on the AGW thread. Well, economics or AGW, we disagree on both...

3. hoytedow

hoytedow Carbon Based Life Form

http://www.prairieghosts.com/falls_sky.html

One of the strangest stories of this sort took place on March 3, 1876 when flakes of meat fell over an area 100 yards long and 50 yards wide near the Bath, Kentucky home of Mr. and Mrs. Allen Crouch. The sky was clear at the time of the fall and the flakes of meat were described as being one to three or four inches square and appeared to be fresh beef. However, according to two gentlemen who (for some reason) decided to taste the meat, it was neither mutton nor venison.

4. hoytedow

Rapid Global Climate Shift = bovine scat

5. hoytedow

I demand the rich be taxed their share; the same percentage as everyone else!

6. CatBuilder

CatBuilder Previous Member

WOW! Free dinner!

7. hoytedow

From the same link: During the early morning hours of a day in November 1896, a deluge of dead birds fell from a clear sky above Baton Rouge, Louisiana. They fell in such numbers that contemporary accounts say that they “cluttered the streets of the city”. The birds included wild ducks, catbirds, woodpeckers and many birds of strange plumage, some of them “resembling canaries”. The birds were all dead and fell in heaps throughout the city. The only plausible theory advanced as to the source of the birds was that they had been driven inland by a recent storm along the Florida coast and had been killed by a sudden change in temperature around Baton Rouge. The editors of the Monthly Weather Review stated that storms and temperature changes were common, but bird falls were most assuredly not.

Rapid Global Climate Shift? I think not! (That doesn't mean I don't think, Toody.)

8. CatBuilder

CatBuilder Previous Member

Mark, you're way off on that.

The bottom pays a higher percentage of their income to taxes than the top.

Why?

The taxes on the following represents a higher percentage of their income, in general: Gasoline, sales tax on necessities, automobile taxes, social security, medicare and FICA, car "registration" taxes and fees, municipal taxes such as a "resident tax", taxes on a pack of cigarettes if they smoke... the list goes on and on and on.

When you look at all taxes paid, not simply income tax, you find that the bottom 50% pay *more* in taxes, as a percentage of their income than the top 50%, who I might add can afford accounting services to be sure they don't overpay.

Just a slight correction...

9. hoytedow

Remove all exemptions and tax dodges. Base all taxes on spending not income and life will be more fair to everyone.

10. wardd

wardd Senior Member

since the rich spend a smaller percentage of their income on purchases this would be a big tax cut for them

why are you a traitor to your class?

assuming you're not extreamly rich

11. hoytedow

Never assume.

12. wardd

wardd Senior Member

if you are then that explains your class warfare on the lower classes

13. hoytedow

Kiss my royal Irish a....

14. mark775

mark775 Guest

yes, you are right, Cat, but with the exception of Medicare, FICA and residence, they are all voluntary. Personally, I like to see more lotto, too - the quintessential tax on people bad at math. The poor are the only ones that fall for this state-run gambit so they are the only ones paying that tax!
    I remember a lotto in Washington State, I think, where there was going to be some huge payout but only a certain number of tickets sold so, in effect, the odds were in the favor of the ticket buyers! Guess what happened, A consortium of moneyed individuals went and bought half of all the tickets!
    Another thing, as long as my taxes pay for a poor person's rent, medicine, or whatever, he'd damned well better not be smoking cigarrettes (another tax on uneducated and poor), have pets, cell phones, Ipods, big screen TVs, etc.. Do you know any poor people? They ALL have a big screen TV! The first piece of furniture!

15. wardd

wardd Senior Member

i thought you were dutch

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.