What Do We Think About Climate Change

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by Pericles, Feb 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mark775

mark775 Guest

No, Superman, THAT would SLOW the Earth's rotation!

2. fasteddy106

fasteddy106 Junior Member

Quote from one of Bostons rants over being caught at being a Weasel again....

Sloweddy the liar from post 7623

We could start with alleged photo of a tin shed and then work from there, superimposed graphs, quotes from publications with word removed etc. but we all know you did it, Jimbo pointed out numerous times how you phonied documents.

of course these wildly inaccurate claims went unsubstantiated but its interesting that precisely what I am accused of is exactly what is being presented for review in the most recent on topic discussion

The difference is that Guil didn't try to decieve us as Boston the Weasel did! Minor detail I think.

3. hoytedow

hoytedow Carbon Based Life Form

B, you should sign with both initials. You left off the S.

4. Boston

Boston Previous Member

and can you point to a single graph I have posted that you have issue with and can you identify that issue as setting it apart from other graphs posted by other members of this forum

or are you just presenting hyperbole in order to muddle the readers again

5. hoytedow

It would take a far greater mind than this feeble fleck of gray matter I am currently borrowing from God to muddle this esteemed audience. As to the graphs; Those are props, a backdrop if you will, which you use to play out your scene. Exit, Stage Left!

6. hoytedow

Hmm. Rush lives in Florida. I live in Florida. Has anyone seen us both together? What if....?

7. troy2000

troy2000 Senior Member

Rush hired Elton John to sing at his wedding....

8. Boston

Boston Previous Member

the minor detail you ***** is that you're incapable of comprehending that you're getting your *** handed to you whether it be through proving the hypocracy of your BS or by showing you to have lied about doctored graphs and such

again you fail a challenge to provide a single detailed analysis of one of these alleged doctored graphs altered posts or failures to present sources

now I did refuse to provide your sorry *** with a picture of a tin shed since you failed in nearly every post you have ever made of providing a single reference backing up this utter nonsense you spew, and I also played with your last bit of spit and lunacy just to set the record straight. I also am at anytime prepared to agree to retract any statements I might have made that were not accompanied with reference material and sources as long as you are also willing to do the same.
    which is precisely why you will unlikely be seeing that picture that I seem to have so successfully placed under your pimply skin.
    whadaya say you complete idiot
    you going to ever actually present even one graph I have doctored
    or are you just completely full of **** as everyone can see by your lack of response

love
    B
    B
    there you go Hoyt
    both initials

9. hoytedow

Well, that let's me off the hook. I would never hire Elton John to sing at my wedding. Besides, bigamy is illegal. Trigonometry, however, isn't.:p

10. alanrockwood

alanrockwood Senior Member

The second graph is what, real or fake data?

11. mark775

mark775 Guest

12. Guillermo

Guillermo Ingeniero Naval

Alan,
    I think you may be interested in this exercise too (and perhaps comment at Spencer's blog):

Warming in Last 50 Years Predicted by Natural Climate Cycles
    http://www.drroyspencer.com/category/blogarticle/

From there:

"Since most of the recent warming has occurred over the Northern Hemisphere, I chose to use the CRUTem3 yearly record of Northern Hemispheric temperature variations for the period 1900 through 2009. From this record I computed the yearly change rates in temperature. I then linearly regressed these 1-year temperature change rates against the yearly average values of the PDO, AMO, and SOI.

I used the period from 1900 through 1960 for “training” to derive this statistical relationship, then applied it to the period 1961 through 2009 to see how well it predicted the yearly temperature change rates for that 50 year period. Then, to get the model-predicted temperatures, I simply added up the temperature change rates over time.

The result of this exercise in shown in the following plot.

[​IMG]

What is rather amazing is that the rate of observed warming of the Northern Hemisphere since the 1970’s matches that which the PDO, AMO, and SOI together predict, based upon those natural cycles’ PREVIOUS relationships to the temperature change rate (prior to 1960).

Again I want to emphasize that my use of the temperature change rate, rather than temperature, as the predicted variable is based upon the expectation that these natural modes of climate variability represent forcing mechanisms — I believe through changes in cloud cover — which then cause a lagged temperature response.

This is powerful evidence that most of the warming that the IPCC has attributed to human activities over the last 50 years could simply be due to natural, internal variability in the climate system. If true, this would also mean that (1) the climate system is much less sensitive to the CO2 content of the atmosphere than the IPCC claims, and (2) future warming from greenhouse gas emissions will be small."

Cheers.

13. hoytedow

What have you got against tin sheds? I have one in my back yard.

14. Marco1

Marco1 Senior Member

A complete list of things caused by global warming (so far…)
    If you go to the website below, each "thing" on the list is a link to the source.

http://www.climatechangefraud.com/temperate-facts/6402

15. hoytedow

My conjecture is the warmists had this knowledge before they began the campaign knowing they could influence the peasants as "A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court" did with the eclipse.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Connecticut_Yankee_in_King_Arthur's_Court

"After being made "the Boss", Hank learns about medieval practices and superstitions. With his superior knowledge, he is able to outdo the fake sorcerers and miracle-working church officials. At one point, soon after the eclipse, people began gathering, hoping to see Hank perform another miracle."

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.