Design for Seadoo 210 Challenger

Discussion in 'Powerboats' started by axufuris, Feb 18, 2011.

1. axufuris

axufuris New Member

Hi i was looking for a design for the or like the Seadoo 210 Challenger. I really like the look of these boats and the seating capacity. I am new to building boats but would like this to be my first project. Does anyone know where i can find this or get this design?

2. marshmat

marshmat Senior Member

Hi axufuris,

The Sea-Doo is a mass produced fibreglass hull. Its design copyrights would be owned by the manufacturer (BRP) and I am quite sure they are not willing to sell plans. In any case, it'd be difficult and time consuming to duplicate that shape in a one-off construction method, and the Sea-Doo's powertrain is very much a weekend-toy setup, not something you want to take on long trips or subject to heavy-duty use.

What characteristics do you want your new boat to have? Are you planning to take it fishing, or water-skiing? Cruising on a calm lake, or bashing through storms along the coast? Before you can pick a design, it's important to clearly define what you want it to be capable of.

3. axufuris

axufuris New Member

Yeah i figured that, i just didn't know if anyone had tried to duplicate those plans or not. It is a nice looking boat.

I live 2 hours from Lake of the Ozarks in Missouri. So the boat would be a weekend toy that i would take out for cruising on the lake, take out to a cove and just hang out, and some water-skiing. Although there are the calmer parts of the lake, it will be going through some rough waters too because the Lake of the Ozarks sees a lot of traffic on weekends and gets very choppy.

I did find this http://www.bateau.com/proddetail.php?PARTNER=dalmlin&prod=MG20 which isn't a bad looking boat. The thing that attracts me to the seadoo is how there is seating in the front and you can get 8-10 people on it, plus it has a swim platform. If i could find something similar i would be happy, and i could always modify the look of the deck to make a more modern sleek look that i am wanting. I just want to stick to designs as best as possible since i know nothing about correct dimensions so the boat planes correctly and drives correctly.

4. axufuris

axufuris New Member

I guess also a catamaran may work too.

5. jetboat77

jetboat77 Junior Member

You did not say what you did not like about the Seadoo.....the main reason for a custom design/build is that the boat you want is not commercially available

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.