What jet drive is this?

Discussion in 'Jet Drives' started by Berzelius, Jul 14, 2014.

1. Berzelius

Berzelius New Member

Hi, anyone that recognize the brand/modell on this jet drive?

It's from 1986 and the only identification I've found so far is the no. 60-7500-207. The boat (a Buster Jet, very unusual) has a 65hp Suzuki, but I haven't found any info about Suzuki making inboard jet drives.

Grateful for any "clues" that can help me solve the mystery!!

Attached Files:

2. crowsridge

crowsridge Senior Member

Hello Berz,

Like you, I don't find much. The Buster boats seem to come from Sweden and are popular. I didn't find any that are jets. And certainly not with a Suzuki jet.

Is it possible that someone put a Suzuki jet ski in a Buster boat? That weld doesn't seem to match the style and pictures of the Buster boats I did find online.

Do you have more pics of the power plant and the boat?

Chris

3. Berzelius

Berzelius New Member

Hi Chris,

I just got a confirmation from DeckJet, the producer of Wetbike and (Ultranautics) Jetstar, that it is a Jetstar jet pump. This is a very strange pump selection because it is very difficult to maintain. However, the Jetstar power train is very compact

If you need any manuals please check out Wetbike.me.

/Rickard

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.