Help in fast power boat design

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by AntonioCasas, Mar 19, 2008.

1. AntonioCasas

AntonioCasas Junior Member

57 knots? 9 tonnes 2x820hp Seatek, chines&strakes dimension?

:confused: hi
    I´m new in this forum, and I must say english is not my mother tongue, so my appologies for my spelling mistakes.

I´m involved in the design of a cabin cruise power boat. 15.5m LOA, 3.1 m chine beam, 21 degree deadrise angle at stern, about 9000 kg full load displacement, 2x820 hp Seatek engines , LCG full at 5.3 m from stern, estimated speed 56 to 57 knots at 2.4 to 2.3 trim angle, two steppeds hull, and custom surface drives propulsion.
    I do not have any Idea of how to dimension, shape and distribute Chines, and lifting strakes or spray rails. I read some where that chines+strikes should be around 20% of the beam wl. Also that chines width should be about 3 to 5% beam wl. Down angle for chines not higher than 5 degree, and down angle for strikes not higher than 15 degree. With the information I submited about the boat, can any one give me some more clues about dimensions, shape and disposal for chines and strakes?
    Thank´s in advanced,

Antonio Casas

Last edited: Mar 19, 2008
Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.