1. The Marketplace Forums can be useful for members who know one another well from forum discussions and offline communications and wish to post boatbuilding tools, drafting tools, molds and tooling, and other professional equipment for sale or trade. However, caution and good judgement should always be used. Especially when considering any business with anyone not already well known to you and trusted, due diligence must be used to confirm details and identity and be sure the transaction is safe before any money or property changes hands. Always use good judgement and perform due dilligence and follow these guidelines.

Westlawn Student closeout sale

Discussion in 'Marketplace' started by Cleetus, Nov 19, 2008.

1. Cleetus

Cleetus Junior Member

I'm in twubble. Furloughed from my job, no monies, no options. I'm selling my school stuff. If/when I get the chance to start again I'll build up my collection again but for now here's what I got:

A Lutz Superdyne lettering set in a nice wood box (like new) - $70
    A K&E Planimeter - $100
    Book: The Nature of Boats, by David Gerr (new) - $15
    Book: Ship & Aircraft Fairing & Development, 1941 (used but good condition) - $15
    Book: AutoCAD 2007 & AutoCAD LT 2007 (new, a book on how to use those apps) - $25
    Tesco Academic drafting tools in case missing tiny sets of dividers - $30
    EO Richter & Co drafting tool set missing one little clippy thing - $30
    K & E Slide Rule - New looking, if I knew how to use it I'd keep it - $20
    K & E Scriber Lettering Set with two templates - $10
    Alvin Draftsman's Duster - $15 (brush for cleaning crap off your table)

I also have a whole mess of templates, curves, triangles, etc. The templates include: Circles, ellipses, Landscaping, lettering, isometric hexagons, decimal inches circles, arrows (slightly damaged), arrowheads, plumbing fixtures, circle radius master, and isometric ellipses.

There are 6 triangles size 10. There are a couple others as well, smaller and two unnamed french curves.

I've got a Lolly adjustable height drafting table with Mayline movable straightedge and Vemco drafting machine. The table itself has that rubbery non slip green stuff on it that makes it a pleasure to work on. The machine works great. The straightedge is supposed to move up and down but I think it might need a screw tightened here or there, I can't remember. Anyway when the machine is installed the straightedge won't slide so it's not a problem (or wasn't for me).

I've also got the AutoCAD 2007 Student version, Rhino 3 with all the marine plugins, and Prosurf 3.

Obviously the table would have to be a local pickup deal, but I'd be happy to work out any kind of deal on the rest of it. The whole lot is on Baltimore's Craigslist, and will end up on ebay eventually.

email me at preussen2@hotmail.com

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.