Westerbeke M30/5424 Waterpump

Discussion in 'Diesel Engines' started by crzhors, Jul 31, 2007.

1. crzhors

crzhors Junior Member

Help! I need rebuild parts for the M30/5424 Fresh water pump.The seal is most important as the bearings are common items.The dealer wants $400+ for a pump and doesn't offer the parts.Ouch! This is a$5 item ! any ideas out there? Thanks!

2. kenJ

kenJ Senior Member

3. crzhors

crzhors Junior Member

M30 Fresh Water Pump

Thanks Ken,Thats a great catalog link,Unfortunately it's the sea water pump,but maybe finding a similar spec seal will get me by, thanks.

4. kenJ

kenJ Senior Member

5. crzhors

crzhors Junior Member

The final chapter: the owner gave the pump to a local mech. who sent it to Panama City,it returned a week later with a new proper sized seal,unmarked,no receipt or #'s. and a bill for $40. go figger. Specially when I could get no help up in Fla.USA. My research did show that only 1050 of the 5424 model were sold, and only 400 of the M30 were sold. Love the 3rd world.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.