Circumnavigation of Australia...

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by WestVanHan, Oct 17, 2011.

1. WestVanHan

WestVanHan Not a Senior Member

By land expedition vehicle.... and had kayaks on board.It's been almost a year and I'm back home.

My lady friend lasted 4 weeks before she became tired of it (and had parent/family obligations) and which ended up being a great blessing.
    Now I know who she is,and was freed up immensely

Met hundreds of people,have 29,000 gps tagged pictures and many hours of full HD movies...went through the cities but kept mostly to back roads,small towns,and outback stations...where you meet the real people.

From Southport Tasmania and a boat trip to the southernmost point to skinny dipping with 3 Swedish women on the Sunshine Coast to boating and fishing the Torres Strait with new aboriginal friends.
    The wild North West,scuba diving with the dolphins at Monkey Mia and boating around with new friends.

Camping out under skies filled with millions of stars,with no roads or population within hundreds of kms on the Gunbarrel Highway...and other tracks.

Perth,the Nullarbor Plain and then sampling wines for 2 weeks,then grubbing for opals along the Oodnadatta and Birdsville tracks.

And hundreds of points and activities in between.

If you ever get the chance to do this or a fraction of it,go for it.

2. Poida

Poida Senior Member

Glad you liked it.

I'm in Perth, shooting across to Queensland next month. Know where I can find those Swedish women?

Poida

3. Fanie

Fanie Fanie

Aye Van, I'm surprised you got it done in only a year !

Attached Files:

4. WestVanHan

WestVanHan Not a Senior Member

Thank you Fanie for the nice picture,and how did you manage to attract all those cute girls?

I am off to New Zealand for 6 months in the near future,please post or let me know via PM if::

-anyone (or a friend or family member) has a fishing or yacht/sailing charter and would like some business. Money is no problem.

-you know any other great things to see and do ie tours (expedition/4x4,kayak,motorcycle,etc) boat factory tour,even a great restaurant or local pie shop,etc.

I have good ideas from Google but local knowledge helps immensely.

Thanks in advance for any ideas.

BTW Poida- just look around,you'll find them at the beaches.

5. Fanie

Fanie Fanie

Actually they are all my sisters 'cos every time I take down my pants she goes 'Oh brother !'

:D

6. Mr Efficiency

Mr Efficiency Senior Member

I doubt many kayakers make their way down the Gunbarrel Highway !

7. Mr Efficiency

Mr Efficiency Senior Member

I certainly wouldn't recommend kayaking in the tropical north of Australia, there are too many saltwater crocodiles about for peace of mind. And they can be found well upstream from tidal waters, and miles offshore as well.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.