Weight Estimation for a 24m composite or steel motor yacht with 2 decks.

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by cagdaskutlu, Dec 24, 2015.

1. cagdaskutlu

cagdaskutlu Junior Member

I have a project about fast craft (Fn>0.7) . I ve already formed the hull with two deck.other specs:
    Loa =23.99 m
    Beam(max) = 6.02 m
    D = 3.77 m
    2 Master Cabins and 4 crew /guest Cabins

I need your helps. I can't find way out.I should estimate Light weight of the ship.I've already calculated some external items' weight I had ,but I couldn't estimate hull weight ,outfitting and etc. weights.PLS HELP

2. gonzo

gonzo Senior Member

What's difficult about adding all the weights? Make a list of every item and material.

3. cagdaskutlu

cagdaskutlu Junior Member

that's the point which is diffucult. I listed machinery,generators,bed,sofa,kitchen goods, but I can't do it for others.It will be preminalary design project for my fast-craft lesson.And I have not much time,so its important to show a way for me to out .

4. philSweet

philSweet Senior Member

5. TANSL

TANSL Senior Member

To calculate the weight of the hullt I would advise to first estimate the scantlings of the structure, roughly. The surface of each element by its thickness and by specific gravity of the material will help to calculate the weight of each item. And as Gonzo suggests, make a complete list of items to consider.
    Knowing the weight of a similar boat can be helpful but should be a boat very, very similar.

Merry Christmas to all.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.