We are building BoatWiki, you are welcome to edit it..

Discussion in 'Press Releases' started by jetboat14, Jan 3, 2007.

?

BoatWiki @ jetboat14.com - Good or Bad idea?

Poll closed Apr 3, 2007.
  1. BoatWiki - Best idea ever!

1 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. BoatWiki - Good idea!

2 vote(s)
    66.7%
  3. BoatWiki - it's ok

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. BoatWiki - worst idea ever!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. jetboat14

jetboat14 New Member

Hello guys,

We at JetBoat14.com are building a BoatWiki, it's like a Wikipedia but just for Marine and boat related stuff.

Obviously, we are all about jetboats and a few motors - OMC, Mercury, Rotax, but I wanted to share this with you and invite you to add your peice of knowledge.

The end idea is to make this thing a KNOW IT ALL on all boats & general marine architecture and principals.

So people looking for something specific on their boats (maintenance or engine repair) can find it in one place.

Wiki is really simple to edit, we've put together a simple "1 page quick start guide" or IM Admin over there if you have questions.

Sorry for the shameless plug, we think it could be beneficial for everybody :)

BTW, boatdesign.net is THE best resource out there, I enjoy reading other people stories here.
    Good to know that there are more *boat-crazy* people like me :)

Admin
    www.jetboat14.com

2. safewalrus

safewalrus Ancient Marriner

Best of luck with the job (and by heck what a job!) Many have tried before to produce this sort of thing - which is deffinately needed, but hell it's going to be a sod doing!

Will stick my oar in at some stage to help

the 'Walrus

3. jetboat14

jetboat14 New Member

I mainly focused on the jetboat14.com website (geared to jetboaters and others), but we've got it running and we will stick with it :)

So I think with time it's going to be pretty good info source ;)

I remember how I was searching for specs when buying my first boat :mad:

;)

www.jetboat14.com Home of BoatWiki

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.