Nicson exhaust mainifolds

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by smmcmurphy, Aug 17, 2011.

1. smmcmurphy

smmcmurphy New Member

I have a set of Nicson exhaust manifolds that I'd like to get rid of. I think they are for a big block Ford but I'm not sure. the ports are evenly spaced, rectangular, and the bolt holes are located on the sides of ports in the center. Can anyone give me an idea as of their value or make me an offer. I'm located in California. Thanks, Shawn.

2. smmcmurphy

smmcmurphy New Member

They're just sitting around in my garage with no chance of being used by me so I'll let them go really cheap. You pay cost of any type of shipping you want.

3. PAR

PAR Yacht Designer/Builder

Well without pictures, model numbers and a fairly close inspection, manifolds are a real crap shoot. This are "consumable" items on a boat and they wear out, crack or other wise have to be replaced periodically. Only an inspection and positive identification will help your sale attempts. Have you heard of E Bay?

4. smmcmurphy

smmcmurphy New Member

E-bay?

E-bay? what is that? Some kind of a ship builders tool or what? Of course I've heard of e-bay. A person would have had to have been in a third world country with out any outside visitors for the past century or so to have not heard of e-bay. What kind of a question is that? lol
    Anyway, I'm not asking a lot here. Or at least I didn't think I was.
    There are no visible cracks, the water jackets appear to be in fine condition. Without having them magnifluxed small cracks wouldn't be an obvious thing anyway. Let's just assume they are for a big block Ford engine and in good usable condition for now. Does anyone have any idea what kind of starting bid I should place on these manifolds? Any non sarcastic help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Shawn.

5. smmcmurphy

smmcmurphy New Member

Sorry

Sorry. I didn't mean to make it sound like someone "pissed in my Wheaties". lol Haven't heard that saying in quite sometime.

6. Milehog

Milehog Clever Quip

I deleted that quip a couple minutes after I posted it 'cause it sounded like someone had pissed in my Wheaties. You musta caught it before it was pulled down.

Carry on.

7. PAR

Murphy, let me put it this way;

"I've got a car and I want to sell. It's a small, white car and the tires do seem to be holding air. I'm not sure but I think it's a Ford, would anyone want to offer something for it?"

Naturally a car is a much more complex thing, but you're asking for a value on an unidentified item or questionable quality, literally sight unseen. You really don't expect much more then puns, innuendo and jabs at your sensitivity do you?

8. rasorinc

rasorinc Senior Member

9. smmcmurphy

smmcmurphy New Member

Thank you

First off, I need to apologize to PAR. I actually do appreciate the help and responses. I was in a bit of a bad mood. Things happen right? Well, it seems as if they're ALL happening to me as of late. lol
    I have since then compared them to some engine blocks and found that they match up to the small block fords. I also gave them a closer inspection and as far as I can tell there is no signs of wear and tear. Appears they were not used much at all. I hope this helps with determining some kind of base value.
    Thanks again for your help. Shawn

Last edited: Aug 18, 2011

10. PAR

Without an ID and/or pictures we really can't tell you much. What type of manifold (brand), what's it setup for (flange type, etc.), center riser, log style or one of those weird 6 hole ******** designed, to convert log to center riser? 3 " or 3.5"? Have you looked inside? Orifices plugged, lots of scale?

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.