96 sea rayder 120xr doesnt perform as it should

Discussion in 'Jet Drives' started by 2ez4me, Jun 21, 2010.

1. 2ez4me

2ez4me New Member

Boat has a mercury 120xr Sport Jet......Boat is a 96 sea rayder and the impeller to wear ring clearance looks and was told checked out. The intake isnt blocked, I Was wondering about the ride plate. The front of it sticks down somewhat below the hull, seems it would push water out of the way for the intake grate. Also is there other stuff that contributes to this, Doesnt sound like it cavitates, sounds as it runs smooth, wondering maybe it the carbs and or other linkage isnt adjusted properly.

Does Anyone have a few pics of there ride plates towards the front of the boat to see if mine sticking down is semi normal.

Top speed is roughly 33ish with just me in it.(260)lbs and takes like 9-11seconds of full throttle to plane if im lucky. With me and girlfriend in front takes like 11-13 seconds or so.

Does anyone have a manual they have i could get some specs out of until i find one to buy. the gate gets out of the way not sure if in proper timing, also not sure on any of the adjustments on the carbs or the linkage right under the flywheel(what does that do anyways?)

Thanks people for any advise. Im new to these but have had several jet skis and did my own work for the most part

2. 2ez4me

2ez4me New Member

not sure but dude started it for a few seconds when i looked at it outside of water, but everything under it seems alright, could someone post up some pics of their sea rayders ride plate and gasket. But doesnt cavitation make is sound like its reving up and down?

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.