high speed catamaran with water jet propulsion

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by RAHULRAMANMV, Jan 8, 2013.

1. RAHULRAMANMV

RAHULRAMANMV Junior Member

Can any one pls tel me which series should i use for developing line for a catamaran with round bilge with waterjet propulsion.
    I heard npl series do not suit for water jets . what method can in use for developing lines

2. Ad Hoc

Ad Hoc Naval Architect

Doesn't matter what series or hull shape you have. The key is making sure you have a high length-displacement ratio...i.e. anything above 6.0 is fine. You can use lower, just means you'll need a more powerful engine.

3. RAHULRAMANMV

i am going to develop the lines.can you tell me some method to get my offsets.Probabaly a series to develop my lines plan. i am in doubt to use townsend method or somw thing else is there.

4. Ad Hoc

Ad Hoc Naval Architect

You're over thinking this.
    Just produce some lines, a shape that "looks" ok and the hydrostatics satisfy your intent of displacement, LCB, VCB, LCF etc. All you need to do is make sure the lines aft are gradual for water flow into a jet duct, not a sharp change of shape, that is all.

5. RAHULRAMANMV

ok thank you

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.