Water Skiing in Warmer Climates

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by hmattos, Nov 2, 2008.

1. hmattos

hmattos Senior Member

My family love to waterski, but now we are in November it is too cold here in England. We make Explorer Marine RIBs so we have plenty of boats and experience available - see www.explorermarine.co.uk - and we live in a great part of Cornwall - see www.rockcornwall.co.uk - where the skiing in the tidal estuary is good from May to October.
    My question to you all is where can we travel to a warmer part of the world and hire a basic ski boat at reasonable cost for a couple of weeks of sea or lake skiing in warm water during the November to May period?

Thanks
    HM

2. masalai

masalai masalai

The Sunshine Coast has almost year round water skiing at a water-park and uses cable tow system.... so you can ski at night on those days where the temperature is toooo hot out in the sun.... (-26.624345 deg S and 153.049712 deg E)

3. hmattos

hmattos Senior Member

Masalai,
    Thank you for that, but sadly the air fares to Australia are very expensive from England, and I would guess that the costs of using the boats at a waterskiing park will be very high - any estimates for me?
    Regards
    HM

4. masalai

masalai masalai

No boats, cable tow.... Quite reasonable from the promo stuff - through a lifestyle TV show a while ago... Migrate - our Govt. says we need skilled people...

5. hmattos

hmattos Senior Member

Thank you for the invitation, it is very tempting as the climatic winter here gets colder, and the economic winter seems to be approaching!

Does anyone know of any ski boat hire available in a warmer climate nearer to the UK? Perhaps in West Africa or the Red Sea?

6. hmattos

hmattos Senior Member

Surely someone out there knows of some sites where we could ski in N or W Africa, Egypt, Tunisia, Israel etc?
    Thanks
    HM

7. masalai

masalai masalai

Thailand, Pataya beach - ask Frosty....

How about Azores, or, Madera, Porto Santo etc?

Selvagem Grande Island a bit further SE

and to the south and east Tenerife & 6 others closer to Africe (off Morocco/Western Sahara.... ??? fussy aren't we.....

8. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

Na ,--water skiing in the bay is done but its too rough with all the other boats flying around , you know sausage rides n silly stuff, Ha not to mention a million jet skis.

We do have a cable tow lake though, hardly any one there say 5 people would be busy. Speed varies as per request, fresh water and about 1 meter deep sand bottom. It has slalom course but a short one.

It is a devil of a thing to get use to especially at high speed the start is very hard on the arms , it pulls like nothing I have had before, much harder than a Mastercraft.

Cheap though 8 pounds all day. refreshment on the lake side.

9. gerard baladi

gerard baladi Junior Member

Check for "theorangeconcept.com" in El Gouna on the red sea - Egypt

10. hmattos

hmattos Senior Member

Thank you all for those thoughts?
    I am not trying to be fussy, just in the current economic climate - we build mainly leisure boats - see www.explorermarine.co.uk - the cost of flights is a big issue for my family, so we need to go somewhere that has budget or charter flights available.
    Years ago for our honeymoon, we visited Palau in Micronesia. Skiing there would have been wonderful as it was so calm and so few other boats between all the islands, and the warm tropical waters. However, the cost of going there is simply too high for my budget these days.
    I will check out the suggested places and see what I can come up with.
    Thanks
    HM