Waratah - Dix 43 CC

Discussion in 'Metal Boat Building' started by Wynand N, Jan 29, 2008.

1. Wynand N

Wynand N Retired Steelboatbuilder

Awhile ago I made it known that I am out of retirement temporary to build a Dix 43 for one of our fellow members, StrandedMariner. The boat is called "WARATAH", named after the national flower of Australia.

Work started about two weeks ago in earnest and during that time I was plagued by power cuts we are experiencing in South Africa - lost four hours daily - and had to content with some flooding as well.

Nevertheless, after the loft floor washed clean due to some flooding during on of those rain storms, and had to re-loft, I am on a roll now. At this stage only the profile has to go in and the dummy aft frame and then plating will start.

She has some nice lines as is the case with most Dix radius chines in steel and Im sure Andreas will enjoy this boat when completed.

Oh, did I mentioned I still have my day job as well.....

Attached Files:

2. StrandedMariner

StrandedMariner Steelboatsailor

And I am all excited to see 'Waratah' (it's not the national flower of Australia by the way, but the state flower of New South Wales) taking shape. I enjoyed Wynands hospitality during the week I spent with him in South Africa last year to sort everything out. And I know that my project could not be in better hands than with Wynand.

3. westlawn5554X

westlawn5554X STUDENT

Dix is a good line of boat design (I like the Dix 65)... good luck, keep us posted... :)

4. Wynand N

Wynand N Retired Steelboatbuilder

and I had built the first one - and I stand corrected, the only one thus far:cool:
    See my web page below for photos of this magnificent Dixie.

5. westlawn5554X

westlawn5554X STUDENT

he... gonna spread a bit before I can giv you a virtual dose of point... good job Sir...

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.