Type of Fiberglass?

Discussion in 'Materials' started by Agewon, Aug 13, 2007.

1. Agewon

Agewon Junior Member

Just to preface this question; I would be unable to complete this project if it were not for this forum. Thank you.

Now for the question. i am making a cooler liner and have made one of two layers of 6 ounce cloth that i feel is a little flimsy. Of course the insulation will help stiffen it up, but i am afraid that it will cause it to distort too. If you look at my posthttp://boatdesign.net/forums/showthread.php?t=18873, you will have an idea of what i am making and the strength needed. I am trying to stay away from woven due to my inexperience, and cost and am unable to glass in "stringers" due to clearance. Is there any way to strengthen the one i have already made? Adding heavy cloth panels to the shell? I plan on making a few of these, so i am prepared to purchase new fiberglass if need be. thanks again.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.