Wanted: A Business Partner in US

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by Elena, Jan 16, 2011.

1. Elena

Elena modusmaris.com

bntii: I have no words to tell you how it helps! Thank you.

now our business manufacturing process is as following:
    -plastic parts are coming to Malta from Taiwan (our molds are in TW)
    -we do retail packaging, add floating balls and fasteners and send to our customers

vents are designed in a such way that there is no assembly required

we could avoid waste of money for shipping of plastic parts around the world... plastic parts could be shipped from Taiwan straight to US

so, we are looking for a partner in US who can do a kind of a very 'lean manufacturing' (retail packaging) of vents under our license, market them as 'made in USA' and distribute all over US

2. Bamby

Bamby Junior Member

Elena,
    Sent you a PM.

3. Elena

Elena modusmaris.com

WickedGood: Thank you. We are not looking for end customers at this stage.

4. WickedGood

WickedGood Guest

Send me an Email with your proposal.

This maybe something I could do. I sell lots of other stuff

We have compiled a list of thousands of Charter Boat Captains & Guides Names, Addresses & Emails

that would be an excellent way for you to Target Market to potential customers.

This list is available for sale at just $1. Per record name.

WickedGoodOutdoors@Maine.rr.com

5. mark775

mark775 Guest

If someone like me has anything to do with it, "Assembled in USA" is as close as you will get with that "USA" connection. It speaks of your character that you would even try that. There will be not much shipping saved by "lean manufacture" in USA, only that you are seeking someone here to help you sell your product.

6. mark775

mark775 Guest

Up here, they sell some Taiwan plastic "totem poles" "Hand Painted in Alaska". Jeez. Your business partner is not likely groovin' on me right now - I think I shant be chatting more.

7. CatBuilder

CatBuilder Previous Member

I would never buy this product if it was fraudulently marketed as "made in the USA", when it is clearly not made here.

I think you will find that deceptive business practices and marketing will completely destroy any sales you wish to make in the States.

We take the origin of materials, assembly and marketing of a product very seriously here. If you lie to the consumer, you will find yourself not only with low sales, but possibly criminal charges from the federal government.

Frankly, I'm surprised to hear this idea coming out of Europe. You folks used to take product quality and consumer protection very seriously. Has the situation there eroded so far now that you do not care about the quality of your food, origin of your products, etc.??

8. Angélique

Angélique aka Angel (only by name)

Maybe Malta and Ukraine are not representative for the whole of Europe and maybe Elena is not representative for the whole of Malta and Ukraine and maybe Elena will reconsider the idea that retail packaging in the USA will make the vents 'made in USA' . . . . . .

Cheers,
    Angel

9. Submarine Tom

Submarine Tom Previous Member

"Buyer beware"

-Tom

10. CatBuilder

CatBuilder Previous Member

U
    The point I was attempting to make is that all of Europe has long been the world leader in product quality, consumer rights and knowing the origin of your goods.

German beer, French Champagne, Italian cheese, Belgian Trappist Ale, etc.

It is indeed surprising to see any product fraud coming from an area with such high standards. My post is not anti-europe. I'm a citizen of both the eu and us.

11. Elena

Elena modusmaris.com

How nice! I especially like ‘fraudulently marketed’ and remark about my character.
    Could you help me how our ventilators should be marked now?
    1) Plastic injection tools (molds) belong to the company (Modus Maris) based in Malta, EU.
    2) They (tools) were made in Taiwan and stay in Taiwan. The reason is that we were happy to find reliable mold maker and supplier of quality plastic parts in Taiwan.
    3) When our stock is low, we order parts from our supplier. Okay, in 3 months time if shipped by sea, parts are coming to Malta.
    4) To plastic parts we add floating balls made onsite of material bought in UK, fasteners bought from wholesaler in Holland, o-rings made on our order and pack all these in a box.

Where ventilators are made?

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

12. Angélique

Not in the USA, and the little work on them now done in Malta ‘‘pack all these in a box’’ moved to the USA won't make the vents ‘made in the USA’, that's no problem as long as you don't label them as such.

Cheers,
    Angel

13. Elena

Elena modusmaris.com

Angélique, I am not talking about USA right now!

Our ventilators could be found in USA if somebody bought them online or on EBay. We also supply them to a couple of small boatbuilders who ask me each time about a distributor in USA.

I am asking how we should mark our vents now?

If we give a license to a company in USA and this company will do all same we do now in Malta, how these ventilators should be marked?

14. Angélique

Those are the right questions, look for example what's on Apple products in the USA, and my Nokia phone for example is labeled ‘‘made in Romania’’ and not in Finland . . ;)

Jucu [​IMG] Romania.

Good Luck :)
    Angel

15. Bamby

Bamby Junior Member

Most simply state "Packaged in USA" and then list where the components were manufactured. Putting items in a box is not adding any measurable value to the product thus any label stating manufacturing in America would be simply "wrong".

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.