1. The Marketplace Forums can be useful for members who know one another well from forum discussions and offline communications and wish to post boatbuilding tools, drafting tools, molds and tooling, and other professional equipment for sale or trade. However, caution and good judgement should always be used. Especially when considering any business with anyone not already well known to you and trusted, due diligence must be used to confirm details and identity and be sure the transaction is safe before any money or property changes hands. Always use good judgement and perform due dilligence and follow these guidelines.

wanted: 40-46ft offshore molds

Discussion in 'Boat Molds' started by Damon, Feb 26, 2004.

1. Damon

Damon Guest

wanted: 40-46ft offshore mold

I recently purchased a new 38' Fountain Lightning with twin 575's. It's good for the family, but my buddy and I are going to build a 40-46ft offshore turbine (probably T53 or T55) Cat. Were both engineers and wondered if anyone knows if it would be possible to rent a mold? We have extensive fiberglas/composite/sheet meatl experience. I recently saw an early 90's offshore cat that was built stricly out of aluminum, but any plans for an offshore CAT of this size seem to be non-existent....Any info would be greatly appreciated.. Thanks, Damon
    alwayskaos@yahoo.com

2. ClarkT

ClarkT Senior Member

There is a nice looking 42ft aluminum cat competing for the Coast Guard MLB contract right now. Otech in New Orleans is building them, and they might let you build to their design.

3. RODNEY1234

RODNEY1234 Junior Member

40ft Mold

We Have A 40ft Tempest Mold And 60ft Tempest Hard Top Mold.

Rodney
    646-486-8004

4. geo6246

geo6246 Junior Member

if you are stilllooking call LaRosa Design at 615-763-0931 ask for George Daly

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.