1. The Marketplace Forums can be useful for members who know one another well from forum discussions and offline communications and wish to post boatbuilding tools, drafting tools, molds and tooling, and other professional equipment for sale or trade. However, caution and good judgement should always be used. Especially when considering any business with anyone not already well known to you and trusted, due diligence must be used to confirm details and identity and be sure the transaction is safe before any money or property changes hands. Always use good judgement and perform due dilligence and follow these guidelines.

Sportcraft molds

Discussion in 'Boat Molds' started by tja, Sep 2, 2004.

1. tja

tja Senior Member

I'm interested in locating molds of the former Sportcraft boats based out of FL. The particular model that I'm interested in is there 30' Sport fisherman 10' beam. I currently build boats to 20' and my son and I just picked up a 1986 27' Sportcraft for use on lake Erie. Sportcrafts have been very popular on lake Erie. Any additional info would be appriciated.

2. Timm

Timm Senior Member

Sport Craft boats is for sale (last I heard, asking price was $2.5 million including 38 acres of land, a couple hundred thousand square feet of factory and all molds and equipment). My understanding is that they will not break up the molds and sell them without the company. The 30' molds were in tough shape 5 years ago when I worked there, I don't know if they have done any work on them in the years since. If you need any help designing a similar boat, send me an email.

3. trevoro

trevoro New Member

Anyone have information on the history of Sportcraft Boats?

4. Gotalwet

Gotalwet New Member

sportcraft lil sport

looking for a fabricator to produce the sportcraft lil sport 1983 boat windshield. i have the broken one. this boat is totally restored with a 15 hp Honda. any info on the molds for that windshield or a proper fabricator to mold the windshield would be much appreciated. in NJ:confused:

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.