want to know and Learn CATAMARAN

Discussion in 'Multihulls' started by Hutaru, Aug 23, 2010.

1. Hutaru

Hutaru Junior Member

Dear ALL,

I am new comer in Catamaran and need to find any information about Catamaran. I know it just a little. As I ever read that the hull of catamaran can be divided into many type of hull. All types has advantages and disadvantages. I try search in internet, but the result not make me satisfy. where the right place, to get information about catamaran???

thanks before

Sincerely Yours
    H U T A R U

2. ThomD

ThomD Senior Member

What kind of catamaran are you interested in? As you say, there are many types. So are you looking for a home, or a sport cat, etc...?

3. Petros

Petros Senior Member

see if you can find local catamarans of the type and size you are interested locally and ask the owners about them. If possible see if you can go for a ride in each and see for your self which you like better.

There is no substitute for first hand knowledge.

Than perhaps you can narrow down your questions for this list.

4. BigCat

BigCat Junior Member

Sail or power, racing or cruising? Fast and spartan or comfy and slow? You need to pass this info on to get useful feedback. See http://bigcatcatamarans.com for more info about cruising sailing catamarans.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.