1. The Marketplace Forums can be useful for members who know one another well from forum discussions and offline communications and wish to post boatbuilding tools, drafting tools, molds and tooling, and other professional equipment for sale or trade. However, caution and good judgement should always be used. Especially when considering any business with anyone not already well known to you and trusted, due diligence must be used to confirm details and identity and be sure the transaction is safe before any money or property changes hands. Always use good judgement and perform due dilligence and follow these guidelines.

Want to buy Planimeter. Secondhand

Discussion in 'Marketplace' started by westlawn5554X, Aug 2, 2006.

1. westlawn5554X

westlawn5554X STUDENT

Hello,

I am a student of boat design in need of a planimeter, I dont know which type will be the perfect for my uses as I intent to use it for my design life-time. I prefer the conventional manual planimeter.

I would accept good reputable accurate vintage or classic planimeter.

I am just confuse about the different type avaliable like, roller, disc, blade, intergator and polar.

Hope there is a planimeter stash at a conner somewhere.

Thanks

Student

2. Paul B

Paul B Previous Member

I have a Lasico Model 10 if you are interested. It is complete, works well, and is in the original box (except the foam insert that has degraded over the years). Send me a message if you are interested.

http://www.lasico.com/planimeters.htm

3. westlawn5554X

westlawn5554X STUDENT

Thank you fine Sir,

I have received email instruction from LaSico to purchase the Model L30. I wouldnt want to disappoint Mr. Burner with his nice help offer.

I would also like to thanks Mr. Paul B for inquiring and offer of L10, but I prefer the L30 model.

Student

4. westlawn5554X

westlawn5554X STUDENT

Planimeter in my hand

Here the stuff, L30 LaSio, I loved it, as instructed quick delivery and speedy in process. I am a happy student:):):)

Student

After graduate I will surely buy from Lasio on the digital roller disc model:)

Attached Files:

5. westlawn5554X

westlawn5554X STUDENT

It seem LaSio have some sparepart to convert my L30 mechanical station polar planimeter into a roller disc with range extender for a good price, it seem they have some good old model spare-parts stashed somewhere just enough to upgrade my Planimeter. I have ordered it and will post the conversion of this new planimeter.

Now it is possible to have station and freemovement planimeter within one model.

6. SeaSpark

SeaSpark -

Rants and raves

There have been moments i was ranting an raving about computers on this forum but there are periods that make me believe they are good for something.

7. westlawn5554X

westlawn5554X STUDENT

I believe there would be a good idea for student who want a cheaper option of upgrading their polar planimeter to a roller model. Do u?

8. westlawn5554X

westlawn5554X STUDENT

Customed made roller for LaSio Model L-30 polar planimeter

Well , The LaSio guys really did me a favour by taking left over new spareparts in their workshop and built a roller that will be quickly and hassel free adpatable to my present LaSio model L-30 polar planimeter.

I just received it today and tried a few try with their calburating tools and it really work, now my planimeter is not restricted to a spot on the table he... he... new marvelous toy, I have a thing about planimeter, because it is hard to get at my country.:)

I have picture of the roller view and the difference from the original unit. Hope this help for present LaSio user who have the same need to custom it the next level. You cant find it in the LaSio Website but can contact the owner. Cheers

P.S. The only downside is that the item is delivered very nicely and protected pack but without a storage plastic casing.:(

Attached Files:

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.