Want more sound

Discussion in 'DIY Marinizing' started by DarrenPayne, Sep 25, 2005.

1. cyclops

cyclops Senior Member

Most Poker Runs, are nothing more than a bunch of loud and very offensive people in boats that are designed and built for OFF SHORE RACING. Not speeding up and down waterways with boats all around. Most drink before the race and the near misses they claim, were in fact deliberate showing off that THEIR GANG should have the right to pass drifting boats at + 100 mph. I really hope you people run down a water skier floating, that turns out to be the daughter of the Marine Underwriters Chairman of the Board. Someone needs to clean out a bunch that is far far worse than any motorcycle club.

2. Steve H

Steve H Senior Member

What happened to our thread? I thought that this was about loud exhaust?
    Now I'm being lumped into loud and very disgusting?

Just for clarification:

My boat is a 42' Sportfish, it does have offshore powerboat look. It will cruise in the high 40's. even then most people think it does 80. So i think that your speed estimate is way off. Most poker runs routes are approved by the Sheriff and or the Coast Gaurd before hand, so you should take up the location issue with them. Insulting me will not help your cause. I have participated in one poker run, I did not see anyone drinking before or during the poker run. If I did I would have done something about it. There were lots of coffe pots, diet cokes etc. but no alcohol.

This is the part of your post I find very bazaar. Why in the heck would you like someone to get ran over?

Um uh does your wifes new boyfriend own an offshore speed boat? Maybe he belongs to a motorcycle club. If so, I apologize for dragging up all of these old issues.

HA HA

Cyclops; Please take a heart pill, close your good eye, as brown as it may be, and chill. Don't worry about all those mean guys driving loud boats. You will never be what they are, no matter how envious you are.

Steve

Attached Files:

3. cyclops

cyclops Senior Member

I do not envey the off shore boater who was doing over 100mph when he hit a below the surface shoal 200' in front of a large state bathing beach. Fortunately, he was killed. No second chance to hit the bathing beach. Too bad his passenger had to die also. Yeah , exclusive company. Where do I sign up? I sure will not pass the attitude part of the test.

4. Bergalia

Bergalia Senior Member

He's right Cyclops...I can't really see you as being the kind of ****** who has to make loud noise to cover his lack of virility....:cool:

5. Playn

Playn Junior Member

And then right in the middle of making arguments to your cause you spew out this garbage. So much for being able to take your arguments seriously now :rolleyes:

6. chandler

chandler Senior Member

The closests beach to my home is Kennebunkport, Me.
    There is nothing more annoying than trying to relax on the beach when all of a sudden it sounds like a DC9 is moving up the river and out pops George Bush and his entourage of secret service agents in double 200 hp ribs. Followed by a bunch of rich @##$^%#, in their cigeriloo or whatever boats. They race up the river, go out in the ocean, pound HARD for about 1000yards then come back with a massive wake.

7. Playn

Playn Junior Member

Well then, I stand corrected. I now see as how that would warrant your "Fortunately, he was killed" comment I was refering to.:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

8. controlled loss

controlled loss New Member

Wow Cyclops...so much HATE....is this the position / mentality of your kind.:mad: Maybe you need to crawl in a cave until life passes you by:D

As Sean H stated, there are noise laws that are in effect by state requiring vessels to meet a certain DB. In fact, these noise laws are quieter than the stock Harleys and some construction equipment running around lake towns.

Can't we all just get along:p

9. RHough

RHough Retro Dude

Why would anyone want to make more noise than necessary? Prolonged exposure to much more than 80db causes hearing damage.

Loud pipes do not save lives, they just piss people off.

Why would anyone want to piss more people off?

10. ratman

ratman New Member

cyclops, boy are you a fugin puzzie, why dont you get a life you're a dick with ears pal. post a pic of your boat so i can see what type of boat a fag such as yourself would purchase. lets outlaw jet aircraft cuz they're noisy pleeesae someone need to give you a shot of testosterone...anally. sincerly, ratman 1000hp x 2 5" dry tails all for you biotch

11. Too Old

Too Old New Member

Holy smokes! You're one angry guy.:confused:

Why would anyone in their right mind wish such a thing on anyone?:(

But then again, I see very little credible information in your above post.

What is it you float around in????

12. Too Old

Too Old New Member

As I read further, I find you're even more unbalanced than I first thought. Get yourself some professional help. I think you might find your miserable life at least tolerable with the proper application of pharmaceuticals.

"Fortunately, he was killed"........?????

What do you do when your neighbor fires up his leaf blower? Put on the camo Rambo costume and shoot the offensive ******* or just hope he blows up some toxic chemicals and dies?

I find narrow minded, misinformed, self loathing underachievers like yourself far more threatening than someones loud exhaust.

13. Too Old

Too Old New Member

Noise as a Psychological Fact

Introverted people seem to be more bothered by noise than extroverted people. Individuals prone to depression, hypochondria and anxiety or who are going through a difficult emotional experience such as divorce or unemployment tend to be more sensitive to extraneous sounds and consider them noise.
    Sound familiar guys????

Sound\Decibels in Daily Life (dB)

Stream flow, rustling leaves\15
    Watch ticking, soft whisper\20-30
    Quiet street noises\40
    Normal conversation\45-60
    Normal city traffic\70
    Vacuum cleaner\75
    Hair dryer\80
    Motorcycle, electric shaver\85 [ whoo...over your mis-informed, self proclaimed 80 db safety limit.]
    Lawn mower, heavy equipment\90 [maybe we need to stop cutting the lawn?]
    Garbage truck\100[Stop this nonsense.....let it rot in your front yard]
    Screaming baby\115[ Cyclops would no doubt advocate killing the little violater]

Dangerous Sound Levels

Race car, loud thunder, rock band\120-130
    Jack hammer 3 feet
    Jet airplane's takeoff from 120 feet\120
    Pain threshold\130
    Rocket launch from 150 feet\180

If you want to spout nonsense, at least do a tiny bit of research......:rolleyes:

I'd hate for you to look foolish.:D

14. RHough

RHough Retro Dude

"1910.95(c)

"Hearing conservation program."

1910.95(c)(1)

The employer shall administer a continuing, effective hearing conservation program, as described in paragraphs (c) through (o) of this section, whenever employee noise exposures equal or exceed an 8-hour time-weighted average sound level (TWA) of 85 decibels measured on the A scale (slow response) or, equivalently, a dose of fifty percent. For purposes of the hearing conservation program, employee noise exposures shall be computed in accordance with appendix A and Table G-16a, and without regard to any attenuation provided by the use of personal protective equipment.

1910.95(c)(2)

For purposes of paragraphs (c) through (n) of this section, an 8-hour time-weighted average of 85 decibels or a dose of fifty percent shall also be referred to as the action level."

Noise Standard

Gosh, I said "Prolonged exposure to much more than 80db causes hearing damage."

Seems pretty clear to me. :)

Hardly a "mis-informed, self proclaimed" standard.

What part didn't you understand?

15. Playn

Playn Junior Member

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.