Wageningen B-Series BP-Delta Diagrams Request

Discussion in 'Props' started by Spyderz, Apr 6, 2011.

1. Spyderz

Spyderz Junior Member

hi guys im new here.i have reading in these forums for awhile now but i am stuck trying to find these Bp-Delta Diagrams which unfortunately is harder to find then than the Kt/Kq diagrams derived from it

i basically need the original Bp-Delta Diagrams for the following:

B.5.45
    B.5.60
    B.4.70
    B.4.85
    B.5.75
    B.5.105

many thanks!!

2. Eric Sponberg

Eric Sponberg Senior Member

Most of those that you want were published in the 1967 version of Principles of Naval Architecture from the Society of Naval Architects and Marine Engineers. You might contact SNAME to see if they have any older copies.

The 5.105 is not there, but the others are. PNA also includes charts for 2, 3, 6, and 7 bladed propellers.

Eric

1 person likes this.
  3. Spyderz

Spyderz Junior Member

wow thanks!i assume that the 1988 edition of Volume 2 omits all these charts?i guess i might have to pop by my school library to look for the 1967 edition

4. Eric Sponberg

The 1988 version of PNA, vol. 2, uses a different kind of Bp-Delta chart that was developed in 1975. They cover only 4-bladed props.

Eric

5. Spyderz

Spyderz Junior Member

just to confirm,when i mention bp-delta diagrams,i am referring to this type of diagrams.was that what u had in mind?thanks!

[​IMG]

6. Eric Sponberg

That's correct, that is how the charts are presented in PNA'67. In PNA'88, the baseline is not Bp, but rather a Bp function so that equates a square-root of Bp to Kq and J propeller curves.

Eric

7. Spyderz

Spyderz Junior Member

thanks a lot eric!this will save me countless hours of agony and frustration scouring the net for them

8. Olav

Olav naval architect

Here's another paper I found in my library (see attached file). Admittedly I didn't use it yet since I'm more familiar with my KT, KQ = f(J) charts.

The paper deals with several additional design parameters which might be similar to those mentioned by Eric Sponberg.

Maybe this is of some help...

Attached Files:

9. Spyderz

Spyderz Junior Member

thanks olav.i already have that document,but sadly it wasnt what i was looking for.appreciate the effort anyway:D

10. jen2

jen2 New Member

Bp -delta charts

Hi there, if you have a look at a book called Propeller data and their applications by the NSMB it has all the Bp-delta diagrams in the back.

If anyone can help out on Ka series propeller data, namely the 5.75 one, I'd be most grateful!

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.