Question

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by Slipy, Dec 23, 2003.

1. Slipy

Slipy Junior Member

Hello all,

this is my first post on this forum, because I joined today.
    I was looking for this kind of forum and I'm really pleased that I found it.

And here is my first question (of course I checked FAQ and I haven’t found the answer): is it possible to use Outlook Express for reading this forum?

Best regards, Mary Christmas and Happy New Year

Adam Slipy
    SeaTech Engineering
    Poland

2. Jeff

Jeff Moderator

Hi Adam,

First, Welcome to our forums!

As to your question, I'm afraid it is not possible to read our boatdesign.net forums using outlook express; they exist as web based forums only, not as or linked to usenet (nntp) newgroups. In the past I have thought about the idea of implementing a forum modification which would do what you've asked, mirroring the web content to an nntp server, but ultimately there hasn't been enough demand to justify the hours and server resources it would take to continually maintain our own nntp server and the linkage between the two as one or the other software is upgraded. Of course, I'm always open to suggestions so please always let me know if you have ideas for how our site could be improved - I can't promise to implement them all right away, but I do always take note.

Best wishes. Happy holidays to you too, and again, welcome to our forums!