EFI / MEFI schematics?

Discussion in 'DIY Marinizing' started by Myoung42, Jul 25, 2010.

1. Myoung42

Myoung42 Mechanical Engineer

Hello,

does anyone have generalized schematics that show what is contained in an automotive EFI system and what is contained in a MEFI system?

I've seen several verbal descriptions on this forum, but it seems that the answer varies quite a bit. I haven't found any good schematics online that show the difference. I'm looking for a flow diagram that shows the fuel flow and the electrical signal inputs/outputs (in my industry we call this a process & Instrumentation diagram, clever I know).

Thanks

2. Cheesy

Cheesy Senior Member

3. CDK

CDK retired engineer

Haynes Engine management systems, TechBook 3787, ISBN 1 85690 787 X. Basics, specifics, 3D graphs, sensor types, wiring details, more than you ever wanted to know about EFI. Don't ask me to scan it, there are 800+ pages.

4. gonzo

gonzo Senior Member

The Mercruiser and VolvoPenta manuals are pretty clear too.

5. Myoung42

Myoung42 Mechanical Engineer

ok Gonzo, I'm stumped, where do I find said manuals?

Thanks

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.