Volvo Out drive help

Discussion in 'Propulsion' started by ratpack14, Jul 21, 2006.

1. ratpack14

ratpack14 New Member

I have a 1983 bayliner montery.. Before I purchased it it was repowered with I belive a 1992 duo prop.. I am having trouble removing the helmet bushing to take the top of the outdrive off. It has 2 8mm hex bolts that have been removed but the bushing is still in place and will not budge.. Does it turn or should it just lift out ect... HELP:confused:

2. lazeyjack

lazeyjack Guest

pour boiling water on housing and try drift out with socket from a socket set. just gently cos I,ve no idea whether its pressed in
    try searching exploded view on net, I,ve installed a few but cant remember this detail
    alluminium expands to its max at low temps, so gentle heat from oxy acetylene will do it too,

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.