Question re Volvo engine

Discussion in 'Sterndrives' started by lostatsea, Aug 7, 2008.

1. lostatsea

lostatsea New Member

I need some help. My husband passed away and left me with his "treasures," many of which I don't know anything about, so am looking for a litlle guidence and direction. If this isn't the correct forum.........point me there.

I have a lower drive unit for a Volve Penta engine. We hit a log with the bayliner, and remember that it was an excuse to put a twin prop in the boat. I don't believe the single drive has been rebuilt, (but we had our own shop and he would have kept for a winter project) but it should have a core value shouldn't it?

He has it all wrapped and crated. Dealer has retired and gone out of business. Other dealer is 100+ miles away, and of course I would need to get it loaded into truck, etc.

Any suggestions? What info should I try to gather up?

2. diwebb

diwebb Senior Member

Hi,
    try to get the model number for the outdrive and the year. It may be on the documentation for the Bayliner if you still have it, if not then try photographing the leg especially any markings or numbers. I would suggest trying an ad on Ebay as this will usually flush out any potential buyers and if you check for similar items prior to placing your ad you will get a reasonable idea on whre to place your reserve price.
    All the best with marketing it.
    David

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.