1. The Marketplace Forums can be useful for members who know one another well from forum discussions and offline communications and wish to post boatbuilding tools, drafting tools, molds and tooling, and other professional equipment for sale or trade. However, caution and good judgement should always be used. Especially when considering any business with anyone not already well known to you and trusted, due diligence must be used to confirm details and identity and be sure the transaction is safe before any money or property changes hands. Always use good judgement and perform due dilligence and follow these guidelines.

Vintage Berkeley 6JC Jet Drive

Discussion in 'Marketplace' started by wxwindman, Jan 20, 2011.

1. wxwindman

wxwindman New Member

I have several Vintage Berkeley 6JC Jet Drives to sale, conditions range from never used to slightly used. Bought in the early 80's to experiment with a small concession boat that did not pan out.Rated for 40HP, has taps for water cooling & reverse thrust units are in northwest Florida for anyone interested.

Attached Files:

2. aqualoco

aqualoco Junior Member

I am very interested in the jet drive units. How many do you have?

Do you have a manual, instructions or any paper work from the manufacturer when you bought them?

Do you know what type of drive shaft seals or bearings that it uses and are they still available from anyone?

Does it come with any type of gasket or seal from the manufacturer for mounting in the hull?

Do you have any photos of the boat that you originally bought them for?

Thanks for any help.

Aqualoco

3. wxwindman

wxwindman New Member

1 NOS & 3 slightly used. The unit in the photo has sold.The manual that came with the unit is sparse, I can email you a copy if you furnish your email address. There is a parts breakdown in the manual.No pictures of the boats, They were commercial fiberglass bumper boats,we built for the jet drive. The jet drive worked fine but the boats moved to slow for the air cooled engines to cool properly. Silicone was used to seal the unit to the hull an it worked fine with no leaks

4. aqualoco

aqualoco Junior Member

My email address ia aqualoco1@aol.com if you could send me a copy of the manufacturers data that you have on this, it would be greatly appreciated. I am trying to determine it this will fit my needs.
    Thanks so much.
    Aqualoco

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.