Vintage 225 Class Hydro

Discussion in 'Boatbuilding' started by woodwerkssupply, Sep 3, 2012.

1. woodwerkssupply

woodwerkssupply Junior Member

I'm about a year into the build of Adolph Apel's historic 225 class hydro 'Zephyr'. I thought you might be interested in seeing some pics of my progress.

Enjoy!

http://smu.gs/OSYo3B

2. JFH

JFH Junior Member

Cool Boat. Where did you find the cut files? I am looking for similar boat files for a new build.

3. woodwerkssupply

woodwerkssupply Junior Member

I purchased the plans from John at www.classicwoodenboatplans.com. He was great to work with. The files required a bit of tweaking, but overall they were really, really good. Saved me tons of time not having to loft from scratch. If you decide to build a Zephyr I'd be delighted to help any way I can. I'd even offer to CNC cut your frames from BS1088 Meranti ply or Masonite templates if interested. I would only want to get John's blessing first.
    Good luck on your build. The Zephyr is a fairly complex build...but aren't they all?
    I'm always updating my gallery. You can keep an eye on the build here: http://smu.gs/OSYo3B

4. Matt the Brit

Matt the Brit New Member

Zephyr salivation.....

Dear Todd,
    found your pics on the site and a wee bit more searching I ended up here. I'd really like to ask you some questions is there a way I can contact you?
    The pics of your boat are just stunning, I got my plans about a year ago from the same place as you - I was frankly a little intimidated, after seeing your pictures I'm really inspired, I've been collecting materials and parts for some time ..... think Ill make the move soon. Thanks for the inspiration!

please let me know if we can talk.

cheers,
    Matt

mfairy@optonline.net

5. moTthediesel

moTthediesel Junior Member

YES! FLATHEAD!

Excellent choice, I was so afraid we were going to see just another SBC slotted in there, that old Ford is just what that cool hull needs. Kudos!

Tom

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.