Viglink

Discussion in 'Forum Questions and Suggestions' started by philSweet, Aug 11, 2017.

1. philSweet

philSweet Senior Member

Is there a way to automatically unlink all Viglinks from our copypasta?

2. Boat Design Net Moderator

Boat Design Net Moderator Moderator

Can you give me an example of where you are seeing Viglink?

3. philSweet

philSweet Senior Member

See Trying to identify a project boat https://www.boatdesign.net/threads/trying-to-identify-a-project-boat.58956/#post-810814.
    I deleted it with an edit. When I originally copied the text below, it dragged a Viglink along with it. The words deck mold had been converted into a Viglink. I've disabled Viglink (I think) from my computer, so I don't think you'll get any more from me.

The Reliant (1963) exposed Phil to some of the new risks of the new materials -- piracy. The Reliant, a unique three-cabin layout in a 41-foot boat, was brokered by Lion Yachts in Connecticut and built by Cheoy Lee in Hong Kong. Phil was dismayed when he discovered that Cheoy Lee was soon marketing a virtual sistership, the Offshore 40. The plug used to make the Reliant mold had been altered slightly, the deck mold was mirrored, and iron ballast replaced lead ballast

4. Boat Design Net Moderator

Boat Design Net Moderator Moderator

I see - thank you.

I believe the source website you quoted has implemented viglink that adds advertising links to the text on their site.

If you are copying and pasting a piece of text from a website that utilizes viglink (with that site/author's permission) you can highlight the text and click the unlink icon unlink.jpg to remove links from the text.

Some browsers also have a paste as plain text option (chrome). Or I believe Ctrl + Shift + V will paste text only and is cross-browser. Or you could copy and paste it into notepad and then into the editor to strip it to text only.

5. philSweet

philSweet Senior Member

That is what I did when I tested all the links in the post and found the Viglink. But it would be nice to have a forum bot to filter Viglinks and similar trash, but retain the other links.

< uploading pinterest images | Posting Images >
Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.