viewing site on yahoo

Discussion in 'Materials' started by kayaker_john, Feb 5, 2002.

1. kayaker_john

kayaker_john New Member

I've tied for a couple of weeks to join your group; but something does not like me. I have never received a verifing e-mail back so my membership could be completed! ..... Frustrated!

2. Admin

Admin Administrator

Can you explain further? And just to be clear, are you talking about these forums? It appears that you are already a member and have full posting rights.

Just to summarize:
    To register, there is no verifying e-mail. You simply click on the 'register' link at the top right (which only appears if you are unregistered), click that you agree to the terms, complete at least the top portion of the form where you set a username, email address, and password (the rest are options which you can set later through the control panel) and click Submit. That’s all that is involved. You are then returned to the forums homepage and you will see in the upper right "Welcome Back <your username>". It appears you have done this already and are registered. If you use a different computer or clear your cookies you will have to log in at the bottom by supplying your username and password.

The only time email is required is if you forget your password and request for it to be reset. If you take part in a thread, the default behavior is also to receive an email when someone replies to the thread (note that you will receive one email letting you know that there are new replies, though there may be more than one reply since your last visit. You can also turn email notification off under you control panel, or on a thread-by-thread basis when you post or reply).

Not sure if this helps, but if you explain the problem further maybe I can be of assistance.

3. Admin

Admin Administrator

Or based on the thread title are you talking about a yahoo group?

If so I'm afraid that we (boatdesign.net) don't have anything to do with the creation or maintenance of the boatdesign yahoo group. There are some good people who take part in that discussion list, but I personally am not fond of the egroups/yahoo groups format, the really-large advertising, the inability to edit your own messages, and I prefer a web based forum like this one where you can easily read a thread from the start to the end. Hopefully in the following weeks, we will be able to lure some of the people from that group over to these forums ;)

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.