Vendee Globe

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by Manie B, Jan 12, 2009.

1. Seagem

Seagem Junior Member

Needing information, too...

I have the same question regarding your post on this thread:

http://www.boatdesign.net/forums/mu...r-catamaran-design-recession-times-25620.html

This is a very nice design and I'd like to know a lot more about it, such as length, beam, bridgedeck clearance, designer, builder and more inside pics of the berth, etc...

Everybody on the thread seems interested in finding out more information about this boat, so I hope you find the time to fill us in....

2. PortTacker

PortTacker Junior Member

Probably way too late for this round, but the Vendee and especially the Volvo are covered magnificently in Seahorse. It's an expensive subscription though.

3. Manie B

Manie B Senior Member

Thanks for the input guys

DGreenwood - i would like more/any info/pictures on the electrical system such as sizes of the motor, alternator/generator, batteries, fuel storage.

From what i can see there are varying panels on the roofs and some very small windvanes but obviously the main power comes from the genset. It would also be of interest how often do they run the genset on average days.

This is a very interesting subject, as you realise there are some very clever innovations in the pipeline and i am one of those folks that feel that we will learn a LOT from racing to make our cruising life safer, simpler and economical.

I am sure that they do not "waste" fuel :D

4. Manie B

Manie B Senior Member

5. chabrenas

chabrenas Mike K-H

. Anything about electrics & hydraulics. I was amazed at the number of boats with electrical failures of various sorts, even in the first day out of Les Sables d'Olonne.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.