Leg won't go up

Discussion in 'Inboards' started by Lake boy, Jul 7, 2015.

1. Lake boy

Lake boy New Member

I have a 1983 sun runner inboard OMC motor, having a problem this year, can't get any power to lift leg..

2. whitepointer23

whitepointer23 Previous Member

I am a 1966 model.and sometimes I have trouble lifting my leg too. Have you gone through the basic checks. I mean a test light check from the dash to the tilt 1st. If you are getting power all the way and the solenoids/relays are working I would be looking at tilt motor brushs

3. PAR

PAR Yacht Designer/Builder

Welcome to the forum.

******?

Seriously, buy the manual for your drive and go through the drive trouble shooting section, which will have you look at the electrics, hydraulics, etc. Could be as simply as the reservoir having no fluid in it or a blown fuse, to a leak, maybe a broken wire, but it's a lot easier if you know about the system and related elements. It could be one of several things, so figure out what part of the system has crapped the bed, first, so you can narrow your search.