Velocity prediction program - Hamid Amini320

Discussion in 'Software' started by Dutch Peter, Feb 23, 2005.

1. Dutch Peter

Dutch Peter Senior Member

Got this in my private mail. Since I don't have the answer I'll post it here:

{FROM: hamid_amini320
    i want to write a computer program for calculation speeds of sailing boat with use approximate equation (formula) , but i need a approximate equation for wave resistance .

can you help me?}

Can anyone help this man?

2. JimCooper

JimCooper Junior Member

I had a freind at uni who was rying to develop code for velocity prediction. His code never matched the tank tests and it was horribly complex.

You can contact Dave Ogresta dogresta@sea-power.net he may give you a few pointers

3. yipster

yipster designer

Peter, i had sort of the same pm question from Hamid on "sailboat wave resistance". i advised a search for "wave resistance" on the forum or the net for lots of info and gave links to "freds calculator" and "mitchlett" thinking basically without all the variables resistance is resistance for sail and powerboats. later i realised i should have mentioned the yachtdesign software with more exact data, have to run, "vpp" in search above comes up with 3 pages but have to run now...

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.