Veal Heel for Multihull Foilers

Discussion in 'Multihulls' started by Doug Lord, Jul 14, 2009.

1. Chris Ostlind

Chris Ostlind Previous Member

Yes, it is my contention and shall remain so, until proven incorrect by said boat actually getting out on the water.

Both Rave and Trifoiler are incredibly poor examples for you to iterate, as they both have their skippers sitting within the central pod, have leeward t-foils out on the ends of rather long arms and are not, in any way similar to the boat being proposed. Please find another example which is much more like said craft and we can talk. Until then, the argument is moot from your side of the table.

2. redreuben

redreuben redreuben

Peace in our time

Now Chris its time you and I had a bet with each other. I bet you cannot refrain from making any post on Boat Design for 1 week as I think your whole life has become addicted to reading and making comment on sailing forums. Equally I won't make any further comment for 1 week.

I have a better idea, Dougie builds a foiler and Chris O makes plans available for all the renderings he has posted, I dont recommend anyone holds their breath!http://www.boatdesign.net/forums/images/smilies/biggrin.gif

3. Paul B

Paul B Previous Member

What G Forces are you talking about? Can you elaborate?

Someone better tell the Moth sailors and catamaran sailors and V70 sailors and Maxi Boat sailors that it is "physically impossible" to sit where they normally sit while at speed in big conditions.

4. Chris Ostlind

No bet, Reuben. No need to do so. When you become the sherriff in these parts, you get to have a say as to how many posts are to be allowable in a given period. Seeing as how you're not the man, it's just way out of your control. Make the same offer to Doug, or any of a number of other dudes on this forum, since they post far more frequently than do I and I'll have a listen.

As for plans for renderings.... they are coming along at a good clip, now, along with three custom commissions at the moment. If it's built boats that matter to you, then I have out-built Mr. Lord by a two-to-one margin in the same time period. That's two boats completed, measured against one that is not. So, in real terms, it's a far greater margin of output... all while maintaining a completely separate professional career. Doug does have me beat in one category, though. He's been banned from Sailing Anarchy, as well as at least one other boat related forum, and I've not been involved with that bit of fame.

So, now what shall we talk about?

5. redreuben

redreuben redreuben

How about Boat Design ?

6. Chris Ostlind

I started a new design thread right here in the Multihull section, called Europa 20 Beach trimaran. Please feel free to comment on that thread, if it is boat design conversations you seek.

7. uk_brownie

uk_brownie Previous Member

LOL.................the irony. :D :D :D

8. uk_brownie

Your post count is far higher than Dougs. :confused:

The lunadadesign domain has been registered since 2005-06-21, how long does it take to produce a plan from the renderings on your website? :confused:

Be very interested to see some of your designs that customers have built and that are sailing today, I'm sure there must be quite a few out there now?

9. Chris Ostlind

Yes, I suspect that your are very confused. It's one of the prices that one pays for being a newbie and not doing one's homework. Doug kicked himself off this forum some time back and then in a fit of rage, signed himself back on after a month, or so. When he dumped it, he had created something like 4,000+ posts. So, once again, my forlorn friend, please do some research.

Registration of a domain merely means that I was securing the potential in advance of actually needing it. Read up on Internet strategy when it comes to domain names. Consult with an expert if you need to, but please, stop doing this to yourself.

Brown Boy... this pair of posts on your part is where the real irony of having not done your homework emerges in the real world, as you should know it.

Laters...

10. Zed

Zed Senior Member

I'm still looking for the Zona 65 plans, are they done yet?

11. uk_brownie

Please educate me then, I would be very interested to see some of your designs that customers have built and that are sailing today, I'm sure there must be quite a few out there now? Or shall I start a new thread as I do not want to spoil this thread any further

1 person likes this.
Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.