Vancouver Wooden Boat Festival

Discussion in 'Wooden Boat Building and Restoration' started by Rod Tait, Jun 16, 2018.

1. Rod Tait

Rod Tait Junior Member

Aug 23-26, 2018 on Granville Island in downtown Vancouver, Canada. Still a bit of room at the docks to register your classic wooden boat. Or if you have a small boat on trailer or stands, then more room on land. And if you built it or restored it yourself, then you can enter it for free in the "I Built it Myself" category. Boats in this category must be on land. Check it all out at www.vancouverwoodenboat.com

JosephT likes this.
  2. JosephT

JosephT Senior Member

Hi Rod, thanks for posting. Love wooden boats. I travel for sailing & boat shows and may consider this festival in the future! On my bucket list.

3. Rod Tait

Rod Tait Junior Member

Festival is all booked up. Vendors and exhibitors on shore and some new boats that we have not seen before will be on display on the docks. We also have an additional feature called "I Built it Myself" (with permission from Wooden Boat Magazine) in which we have a few small boats that were either built or restored by individuals at home. Check us out. We are also partnering with the Van. Maritime Museum for some social events and plan for more cooperation next year. See you there.

JosephT likes this.
Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.