Using two different paints?

Discussion in 'Materials' started by andysailor, Nov 27, 2017.

1. andysailor

andysailor Junior Member

I will have my boat painted soon.
    Was thinking going with Interlux Interthane, white. To add som more live into the boat I would like to have some bigger stripes. The problem is, I can't find a nice color within the Interthane. Can I use any kind of paint to put on top of the interthane? If so, how long shall I wait before doing so?

Another question, I have found Interlux Intertuf primer. Can I apply this one thicker to use as a high build? Yes, it will be harder to sand, but it's more or less impossible to find high build primers here.

2. Mr Efficiency

Mr Efficiency Senior Member

How about some adhesive stripes ?

3. andysailor

andysailor Junior Member

I rather not, cause it such a pain to remove when the day come and has to be renewed.

4. fallguy

fallguy Senior Member

I'd call Interlux on the 800 number on their website. However, I don't see why you couldn't mask the strip well and prep the painted surface just like any other overpaint. You'd need to allow lots of cure time before masking and use an ultra clean release tape. Again, best to call Interlux.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.