Using my boat as a trailer

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by rasorinc, Feb 10, 2015.

1. myark

myark Senior Member

A Myark trailer speed barge with a simple plug in wheel system,

Attached Files:

2. gonzo

gonzo Senior Member

Seems like the weight of the trailer has to be added to the boat's structure. Also, there is the extra hassle of taking wheels and suspension on and off. Thirdly, there is the hassle of getting a boat license and trailer registration for the same object. It would have to carry a VIN and a HIN.

3. whitepointer23

whitepointer23 Previous Member

Why won't myark say how much the titanium parts cost.

4. whitepointer23

This is the best one I have seen of yours. But have you ever tried to register one in australia. You have to get engineers certificates and meet adr guidelines.

5. whitepointer23

How much does it cost to make these parts out of titanium. ???????????..

6. Grey Ghost

Grey Ghost Senior Member

Do you want to know the raw material cost per pound for titanium or the cost to make finished titanium parts? That would depend on how many units I'm sure with a huge difference between 1 set or 1000 of the same part.

7. myark

myark Senior Member

An example of my price for a Limited Edition 220mm long X 5/16" thick ratcheting wrench, nut sizes are, 19mm and 17mm, 3/4" and 5/8", GR 5 Titanium known as Ti6Al4V manufactured with EDM wire cut.
    Plus a Limited Edition 160mm long X 1/4" thick ratcheting wrench, nut sizes are, 14mm and 12mm, GR 5 Titanium known as Ti6Al4V manufactured with EDM wire cut.
    Plus a Limited Edition 115mm long X 1/4" thick ratcheting wrench, nut sizes are, 10mm and 8mm, 3/8" and 5/16", GR 5 Titanium known as Ti6Al4V manufactured with EDM wire cut,

Complete price for all three ratcheting wrenches I designed and machined I sell for $47 USD

I have not ground the surface and deliberately left the titanium raw surface plate look, polishing titanium scratches later and shot blast it looks like its been casted and not high quality machined.

Attached Files:

8. dinoa

dinoa Senior Member

Myark,

Are you recycling Soviet boomer pressure hulls?

Dino

9. gonzo

gonzo Senior Member

A set of 3 wrenches in Chrome Vanadium Steel sells for about $ 8.00 for a brand name like Crafstman and $4.00 for a no-name. Myark's titanium wrenches, which are no-name, are about 22 times more expensive in titanium.

10. myark

myark Senior Member

Another titanium style of the Myark wrench

Attached Files:

11. myark

myark Senior Member

This is one of my early chrome molybdenum design Myark ratcheting pipe and nut wrench sets I did sell for $12 each set of four wrenches including chain attachments.

Attached Files:

12. Dave T

Dave T Senior Member

I would like to see a price quote for some of Myark's products delivered to Iowa USA. I don't have any need for Titanium wrenches but would like to see some prices on the stub axles and some of the boat barges. Myark I can see that you have some very Ingenious products and I can see that you are a person who thinks outside the box. Don't listen to the nay sayers.

13. whitepointer23

Get your facts right mate. We are allowed to ask questions aren't we.

14. waikikin

waikikin Senior Member

I'm pretty sure if you turned up at a blue slip mechanic to get one registered in Aus they'd call RMS (in NSW at least) for some closer scrutiny as being "novel" or similar & not fitting a standard catagory.
    I've built/assisted in the construction of a couple of trailers regoed as Home built, pretty straightforward unless it's changed in the last year or so.
    Some resources are
    http://www.infrastructure.gov.au/roads/vehicle_regulation/bulletin/vsb1/pdf/vsb01_June2009.pdf

and

http://www.woodworkforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=184

The last trailer I helped with was for my sons HSC project, this got inspected at home by an RMS inspector, who came away very impressed & no probs for rego, his trailer was a Flat bed & designed as the basis for a tear drop camper pod with legs & using jocky wheel capability to self load & unload- similar was indicated for self load/unload for small vessel/box for rubbish/ ramps for motor bikes... so versatility can be good but we're used to that with land vehicles.

Jeff

15. gonzo

gonzo Senior Member

How are the rules there about having numbers as a trailer and numbers as a boat?