clancy saiboat

Discussion in 'Materials' started by Guest, Apr 17, 2003.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

does anyone have info on where I might purchase new/used (prefer used) sails and rigging for a boat called clancy. I just recently finished one (first time builder/sailor)

2. J & J

J & J Junior Member

Well my friend Clancy is what kind of boat? also what is your location. You have Sailorman in Ft Lauderdale Florida they deal in used sails. Also their is a big store in Annapolis Md whoes name slips my mind but I could track them down they have used sails and will cut them to fit if they don't have your size. Another store is in St Peatersberg Florida same MO used sails and gear. I think the big question is do you want to pay the shipping have you contacted the builder to see if they have sails cheep. Sometimes if a boat is out of production they still have some sails laying around and would love to get them out of the loft.:idea:

3. Bob Perkins

Bob Perkins New Member

The Clancy is a boat that I believe is made out west. (Seattle maybe??)

However - Norm Abram (New Yankee Workshop) built this boat in a 2 part episode a few years back..

I don't have the plans - but his plans specify where to get sails and deck hardware,etc. for the clancy.

4. cliff

cliff Guest

clancy

I have a beautifully built clancy complete with sails and rigging for sale.

5. Micahel

Micahel Guest

More info

You built a clancy? How did it sail? compaired to other boats of the same size? How much did it weigh?

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.