electric line handeling equipment

Discussion in 'OnBoard Electronics & Controls' started by john schroeder, May 31, 2009.

1. john schroeder

john schroeder john P schroeder

Im interested in any information that might be available about electric winches , im not talking about above deck standard winches that are power assisted but something that will be placed under deck concealed and remotely controled from in the pilot house. It must be able to reel in and out .Is there anything on the market? where do I look and does anyone have experiance instaling such a system....? I dont want to go into the whole reason or the pros and cons and why would I except to say I am looking for a power system to handel the sails from inside a pilot house on a motor sailor im thinking about.I know its possable is it in a small v

2. apex1

apex1 Guest

3. john schroeder

john schroeder john P schroeder

Thanks that was just what I was looking for .

4. seaway powell

seaway powell New Member

john P schroeder

Did you find what you were looking for? I know I'm a bit late. How ever I work for a company called Seaway Powell. We design and make electric/hydraulic deck machinery for sail boats.
    Seaway was the first company to make captive winch (like what your after), hydraulic backstay rams and Vangs.
    We have these winches on many boats but the most famous would have to be Mirabela 5.
    We've been in the industry for 40 years and have built up a good reputation for good quality, low maintenance products.

If your still looking for this winch let me know and I'll try to help

Seaway Powell