used equipment not from ebay

Discussion in 'Boatbuilding' started by Cebu, Oct 22, 2010.

1. Cebu

Cebu Junior Member

Where to find used equipment not from ebay

I would like to know of any good sources other than ebay for used marine equipment. I need to cut costs and want to rely heavy on used parts. Looking for items like windows, steering wheel, throttle controls, radios, sounder/gps, horns and other hard to manufacture parts. I'm mostly looking for online sources..

Cebu

Last edited: Oct 24, 2010
  2. CatBuilder

CatBuilder Previous Member

http://sailorman.com/

These guys are great! You can find all kinds of things. I was there in Ft Lauderdale over the winter and they have:

*Steering Wheels
    *Throttle Controls
    *Radios
    *Horns
    *Windows/Hatches/Ports

You can order online, but calling ahead is a good idea to be sure the item is exactly what you are looking for. Better yet, get out of Iowa for a week and take a trip to FL in January to line up a huge order! ;)

There is far more available there than they list on the website. You could build an entire boat from used stuff there.