US COAST GUARD approvel of propane

Discussion in 'Materials' started by rasorinc, Apr 2, 2016.

1. rasorinc

rasorinc Senior Member

I do not know how to look up US Coast Guard regs. On a private , non commercial pleasure boat does the Coast Guard require a specific type of
    of pipe to use to run propane to appliances inside the boat? Do they have venting regs also. Thanks very much, Stan

2. gonzo

gonzo Senior Member

3. rasorinc

rasorinc Senior Member

Thanks much gonzo, just read a couple pages as my daughter and grandson are due to arrive soon and late dad is still cleaning up.

4. Barry

Barry Senior Member

I am not able to access the ABYC standards for a few more days. I read it when this topic presented itself in the heating a sub floor in a cat thread that is running now
    There were about 5-6 pages on piping,ventilation, auto shut offs if the pilot goes out or if the unit does not start, and a section on an electric solenoid to stop flow from the tank but cannot remember if this was a manual override or an auto trigger
    They also discussed positioning of vents, inlets, and might have included CO and CO 2 monitors

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.