Unknown Wood Boat

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by snowtires, Jul 5, 2007.

1. snowtires

snowtires New Member

Hello, i am new to this forum and don't know much about old wood boats.
    I picked this boat up out of interest in the shape of it, but so far cannot identify what it is. I am planning on restoring it, but there are no hull numbers that i can find stamped anywhere. The similar boats i have found are by Dunphy and Correct Craft, but i am unsure as this boat is left hand drive. and has an old flathead ford v8 engine with dual exaust. The engine is made in canada, and is specifically a marine engine it is dated as a 1961, although i thought ford stopped producing the flathead in the early 50's. Also the forward reverse transmission is a simplex and is made in Vancouver BC. I beleive it is made of cedar. If anyone can identify it that would be really neet. Thanks

Attached Files:

2. artemis

artemis Steamboater

:idea: The first place to start is with the registration number painted on the bow. The province/state where it is registered should have a title (much like an automotive title) that gives the information such as maker, etc. In fact you should get this title and have it transferred to your name - save problems down the road (or river, lake, etc).

3. alan white

alan white Senior Member

Cedar, when varnished, after a time usually looks orange, mahogany blonds out unless it's stained. Cedar is a lot softer than mahogany too. You can dent cedar with your fingernail.
    Can't identify the boat. Looks like you've got a project there. Have fun!

Alan

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.