new adventure

Discussion in 'Wooden Boat Building and Restoration' started by stevelima, Dec 29, 2010.

1. stevelima

stevelima Junior Member

Hay everyone, I'm new to this forum and would like to introduce myself. Name Steve and live in Indiana. I'm in the process of building my first wooden boat, first boat ever except for models. I think I posted a couple of pictures in photo gallery. Not sure I did it right. My project is a Plyak. I have made a few design changes. One is to make the keel and keelson one piece instead of glueing and screwing the two pieces together. Another change is in the gunnels. There will be no epoxy or fiberglass on the unit, just old fashion polyurothein and rustOleum paint with a clear coat over that. It's not that I do not like either of those processes, I hate working with it and the mess it makes. I do have plans to make a second boat (wood) just not sure what that will be yet. Further pictures will be coming as progress continues. It's nice to meet you all and hope to talk with as many of you here as possible.

2. missinginaction

missinginaction Senior Member

Looks very nice to me, welcome and good luck with it! Are you also building an open cockpit airplane? Looks like a fuselage behind the boat there and I can see the aluminum skin and the stringers. Not to get off topic but I like airplanes too.

MIA

3. stevelima

stevelima Junior Member

Why as a matter of fact it is an airplane, Marquart Charger Mk V. Two seat biplane.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.