Good design for a quick day sailor (under 20 ft)

Discussion in 'Multihulls' started by JohnBloch, Jul 23, 2006.

1. JohnBloch

JohnBloch Yeah...

For a long while I thought about building a sailboat, but then dropped it... Origonally I was thinking super small... because I wanted something small... Now for reasons that need not be explained, I have decided a larger quicker boat would be more my style...

For a while I actually decided to scrap the idea of building, and just try to find one... well, ive looked for a month or so now, and all I can find are sunfish, and really expensive 14 footers...

I have been looking for some nice solid designs for a larger self plaining daysalor (16-20)...

ive found a few free "designs" on the internet... one I would be quite happy to build, but Im not sure I would have the experiance needed to build it, and they are old... so Im not sure what to think of them...

heres a link to one that Im quite interested in... but not sure about:

http://www.svensons.com/boat/?p=SailBoats/Manu

Its not nessisary to be worrying about traloring and storage at the moment, because storage is allready attained and traloring can be purchased easily...

any designs or thoughts posted will really help me make some decisions...

Full size plans would really, really help... or if someone could point me to some material on upscaling plans...

thanks!

2. parsonsproject

parsonsproject New Member

Core Sounds

Nicest day sailors for home building in my opinion are the Core Sound 17 and Core Sound 20 boats from B and B Yacht Designs. Google them, and check out the forum dedicated to them. Their owners are fanatacal about their performance.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.